Sunday, September 26, 2010

Big Changes

Super exciting news!
I am now a full time employee at Apple!
I will be working as a “Genius” (I don’t think I’ll ever get used to calling myself that) who is responsible for servicing Apple products. I start on Monday training at home for a week, then it’s off to Apple Headquarters (Cupertino, CA) for two weeks of training, and then another week of training at the store in Grand Rapids, MI.
AWESOME!!!
I’ve actually wanted to work at Apple ever since I first set foot into one of their stores and witnessed first hand the Apple Store experience. I am really looking forward to all the things I’m going to learn, all the cool people I’m going to meet, and all the people I’m going to be able to help.
This will be a definite change of pace from doing computers on my own, but I welcome it.
Running your own business is a unique challenge which I think everyone should try at some point. It definitely taught me things about myself that I never could have learned otherwise. God really put some great people in my path who I was fortunate enough to be able to learn from and help. It really was a pleasure to meet so many great people: customers and fellow business owners alike.
I’m closing the business down because of the (obvious) major conflict of interest with Apple. The business was profitable and making my own schedule was great, but I think passing up the opportunity to work for Apple would be a major mistake. What a great opportunity!! The last time I was this excited was when I was getting ready for the move to Elkhart!
Stay tuned right here for more exciting news as it relates to my life. Boy, that sounded really corny didn’t it? Oh well.

No comments:

Post a Comment