Monday, December 13, 2010

Cr-48!!!

My wife told me she was confused with my most recent facebook status update, and being that it was sent through twitter, I only had 140 characters to speak my mind.

Here's a more detailed description of how this came about and what it means:

One of my facebook friends sent me a message that said something like "i see you're getting a chrome notebook, congrats, I'm jealous."

So I messaged him back and asked him how he found out. It's kind of cool, but in a scary way.

There's a tracker for the 60,000 netbooks that google is sending out on the Internet (more about why this is a big deal on this site here) My friend sees there's one bound for our zip code and calls UPS to see the name on it. They give him my name.

I am a little bothered by them giving out my full name. I should be glad they didn't give out my address or anything. But still, I don't think companies should give out any information about any customers, regardless of who is asking.

I'm not going to raise a big fuss about it, but just thought it should be known that UPS will give out your full name if anyone calls and has only a tracking number.

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

No comments:

Post a Comment