Sunday, December 19, 2010

Modern Day Muppets

Sometimes you have a dream that you have to write down. Sometimes you have a dream that's funny in kind of a good idea kind of way. This was one of those dreams.

Don't ask me how I was thinking of Muppets, I really don't know. I guess I was thinking of them today and they ended up in my dream. Thanks Freud.

Anyways, I dreamt of a Muppets remake that takes place in the modern day where the Muppets deal with modern issues. More on this in a minute.

Just fyi, I'm going to edit a little for clarity's sake... you know how dreams can be slightly disjointed sometimes.

It started in first person (I guess I was a Muppet or a character in the show) but all the Muppets are called to some sort of reunion at this huge mansion of a house. I get there first and start exploring this humongous house. There's at least 30 rooms and 4-5 stories. Then I hear the front door open and close. Then I hear a familiar voice echoing through the empty house, "A-NI-MAL!! A-NI-MAL!!".


I begin chasing the flurry of footsteps through all the different floors of the house trying to catch Animal before he somehow wrecks a completely empty house.

Night falls and I go to flip the light switch (still not having found Animal) and none of the lights will turn on.

Suddenly the front door of the house opens and shuts again, and I hear a familiar voice once again float through the house "Helloooooo?! Is anyone in here?"


I run to the front door so I can at least keep tabs on one of them and Gonzo has already discovered both of my predicaments.

He has an idea.

We proceed outside to the side of the house to "plug in the house". Apparently, as Gonzo tells me, he's recently stepped away from his job as an IT phone support agent and this (plugging it in) is always the first step to try.

"Even on a house?" I say. "Even on a house." he replies.

We proceed to the side of the house where, sure enough, a GIANT plug is laying on the ground. It's unplugged from the GIANT outlet in the side of the house and Gonzo says "THERE'S your problem!"

We hear a knocking on the door and proceed to the door of the house to greet our new guests. We round the side of the house and I'm so startled I almost wake up from my dream because Animal is standing right there and he screams "PATRICK STEWART AND JONATHAN FRAKES ARE HEEEEERRRREEEE!!!"



I'm getting really weirded out at this point and pretty much know I'm dreaming, so I just go with it.

One of those weird dream blur thing happens (when time passes and you don't know why or what goes on). Suddenly Animal, Gonzo, Patrick Stewart, Jonathan Frakes and I are sitting in the parking lot of this huge house on a circle lawn chairs talking about the show and ideas for it.

I was thinking Leo was going to be there to and say "We need to go deeper!"



I'm glad he didn't because at this point I was already really confused.

A) Why would Patrick Stewart and Jonathan Frakes be here? Are they helping with production of the show? Are they starring in the show? Did they just hear that all the muppets were getting together and decide to show up?

B) Why are all of us suddenly talking about a show that I thought we were in already? I guess that's how dreams work sometimes. They don't always make sense, they just happen.

The last part of the dream was spent talking about ideas for the show. Different modern scenarios the Muppets can get into and funny things they can do like buying a computer and discovering the internet.

Then the awesomeness of the dream wakes me up and I decided to write it down and share it with the world. I really wish I had the means to turn it into a web comic or a web show or something, I have a bunch of ideas already.

Me and my crazy brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment