Saturday, December 11, 2010

New Place

The past three weeks have been really, really crazy. I have said I would keep this blog more up to date, but that hasn't really happened.

There are a bunch of reasons these have been an insane past few weeks:

1) My new career at Apple is totally awesome. We have an incredible group of people that are doing some incredible things for our customers. At the same time, there are many learning opportunities that have presented themselves in unpredictable ways. Every day is anew opportunity to learn more about ourselves, our team, and our customers. Every day is a new adventure and I'm absolutely loving it! I never thought I would find a place that really look forward to going every day, much less to work. This whole new experience is teaching me how reliable and dependable my teammates are and how much of a contribution I can be to changing people's lives for the better.

2) A couple of weeks ago, my wife got a call from her mom late one night and told us we needed to come to St Louis right away. Eve's dad was going into surgery. The surgeon said it was a very risky surgery and there's a chance he might not make it through. We left Mishawaka at 10 pm and arrived in SL around 3 am. We went straight to the hospital. Needless to say, it was a long and emotional night/morning. In stayed in St Louis for a few days and ended up having to miss Black Friday at Apple. I'm just glad I was able to be there for Eve and her mom and help out during such a stressful time, and thanksgiving dinner at Aunt Lorraine's was absolutely awesome, too.

3) We've somehow managed to move across town to our new place in Mishawaka! With the help of Skyler from Time Flies Errand Services (www.timeflies365.com), we got everything moved over to the new place and are still in the process of sorting out what's where. There's less space, but it's closer to my work and very very close to all the shopping which Eve is loving. It's a little bit more of a drive for her to get to work, but that's just one of the many reasons I love my wife, she's always willing to make a little bit of a sacrifice for me.

Please keep us in your prayers this holiday season as we squeeze in flights to see far away family and continue to unpack and sort out our stuff in our new home.

If you're interested in seeing a video tour of our new place, email me and I'll send you the link.

Happy Holidays from the Flowers'

Location:Travers Ct,Mishawaka,United States

No comments:

Post a Comment